Friday, September 1, 2017

Draw Me

You have seen me in my shame,
the shame that is my pride running wild,
that is my folly and unlove,
that is my weary misstep.  
Yet you love me.

I believe,
because you know these foibles, foolishness and face plants and yet you extend to me the most tender and lavish kind of love
and because 0f that I believe.

A love that sees me and draws me in,
into the fullness of your embrace,
the fullness of you that is so much more than me.  
I am enveloped, held, loved with a love that is not about my mistakes or my best moments,
A love that is so much richer, deeper, longer, yet no less for me.  
I am drawn, held in the stabilizing yet expansive heart of your deep desire, of love, of sorrow, of delight and of strength.

I hear you say “You are mine, and I am yours.”  
How can it be?
You have given me yourself and have invited me to call you mine?  
Mystery beyond the bounds of my imagination.
I don’t understand.  
No conceiving can encircle this love that surpasses, on it goes, yet so intimately and boundlessly mine.  

When I embrace it there is noting I can do with it but let it overwhelm me,
Filling me beyond my capacity to hold, overflow it must.  
Love that sets me to loving.  
Love that sets me to dancing, delighting, creating, whaling, grieving, longing.  
Love that is life, the very warmth of your breath alive in me.  
Drawing me in.

I am yours and you are mine.   

No comments:

Post a Comment